Chancery and Commercial Group
Atlantic Chambers has one of the largest and highest-regarded Chancery and Commercial teams outside London. It includes well-established, recognised practitioners of the highest calibre, and includes practitioners at all levels of seniority.
The team offers specialist advice, advocacy and drafting in virtually all areas of property, insolvency and probate law as well as in a broad range of commercial fields.
The members of the Chancery and Commercial team travel across England and Wales for court and tribunal hearings, site visits and conferences. They have litigated at all levels and often appear in reported cases. Their areas of expertise include contentious and non-contentious work in the following areas:
- Property - including boundary disputes, conveyancing, mortgages, covenants, easements, highways, planning & compulsory purchase.
- Landlord & Tenant - including commercial & residential, service charges, possession claims, business tenancies, housing & homelessness, agricultural tenancies, dilapidations & disrepair.
- Insolvency - including personal and corporate insolvency, administration, directors' disqualification, Individual Voluntary Arrangements & Company Voluntary Arrangements.
- Company and partnership law - all aspects.
- Commercial - including contract disputes, debt claims, factoring, banking, insurance, intellectual property, restraint of trade, sale of goods & consumer credit.
- Tax - stamp duty, inheritance tax, pensions & trusts.
- Trusts and probate - including administration of estates, wills, trusts & Inheritance Act 1975 claims.
MEMBERS OF THE GROUP:
- Nigel Ginniff
- Simon Booth
- Celia Lund
- Graham Sellers
- Nicholas Jackson
- David Green
- Rebecca Ackerley
- Hugh Derbyshire
- Sarah Egan*
- Jac Armstrong
* denotes door tenant