- Lee Cadwallader
- Emma Rogers
Education and Memberships
- Oxford University BA (Hons) First Class (Modern History)
- City University, London (CPE)
- Personal Injury Bar Association
- Employment Law Bar Association
- Northern Circuit Medical Law Association
Areas of Work
- Public Law
- Clinical Negligence
- Civil Litigation
- Industrial Disease
- Proceeds of Crime
Charles Prior undertakes general civil litigation, principally personal injury (including employers' liability and industrial disease cases such as repetitive manual handling deafness and asbestos), road traffic, and contract. He also conducts cases in public law - including community care and services and education, competitive tendering, and professional negligence.
His employment practice covers everything from unfair dismissal and discrimination work to TUPE and collective consultation in employment tribunals, and also covers contractual matters such as restrictive covenants and injunctions in the High Court and County Court.
He is accredited for direct access work.
Charles has experience in all accident cases including high value claims and fatal accident claims.
Charles is experienced in deafness, asbestos and repetitive strain cases, including coverage of TUPE and insurance claims.
Charles has experience in judicial review especially community care and education, competitive tendering.
Charles is particularly experienced in disability discrimination, TUPE and collective consultation in employment tribunals, and restrictive covenants and injunctions in the civil courts.
- Fairchild and the Law of Causation - 2002
- Liability for the Cost of Care, Accommodation and Services: Who Pays? 2005, Updated 2006
- Judicial Review and Family Law - September 2007
- Community Care - May 2009
- Industrial Deafness - December 2010
- Occupational Disease: Deafness - October 2010
- Civil Procedure: Interim Payments - July 2011
- TUPE and Industrial Disease - July 2011
- Occupational Disease: Deafness - October 2012
- Occupational Disease: Asbestos and HAVS - November 2012
- Occupational Disease: TUPE - December 2012
- Employment Information, Collective Consultation, and Protective Awards - April 2013
- Shumba & others v Park Cakes Ltd  0219/11/RN EAT (under appeal to the Court of Appeal) - implied terms in contracts of employment by conduct/custom & practice: contractual redundancy terms
- Lancaster University v UCU  IRLR 4 (EAT) - collective consultation and TUPE - fixed-term employees - protective awards
- X & others v Liverpool City Council & another  1 WLR 375 (Court of Appeal) - civil law and family law - emergency protection orders - human rights
- R (C (a Child)) v Sefton MBC Independent Appeals Panel  ELR 393 - school exclusions; violence; fairness
- A v Sefton MBC  ELR 639 - learning difficulties; Special Educational Needs Tribunal