- Nottingham University BA (Hons)
- UWE - PG Dip Law and BVC
- Action against Medical Accidents
- Professional Negligence Bar Association
- Personal Injury Bar Association
Areas of Work
- Civil Litigation
- Clinical Negligence
- Public Law
- Court of Protection
Elizabeth specialises in clinical negligence and personal injury claims at all levels and has a successful and wide ranging practice. She is very hard working and is known for her attention to detail, ability to form excellent working relationships with lay clients and prompt turnaround of papers.
Cases of Note:
Cowley v Cheshire & Merseyside Strategic Health Authority  EWHC 48 (QB), (2007) LS Law Medical 160, (2007) 94 BMLR 29 (clinical negligence: CP) (Junior Counsel to Michael De Navarro QC)
Hemingway v North East
London Strategic Health Authority  EWHC 3416 (QB)
(clinical negligence: CP) (Junior Counsel to
Ben Browne QC)
Elizabeth also presents seminars internally within chambers or by request at solicitors' offices on topics such as clinical negligence, employers' liability regulations, the new Ogden tables and the Animals Act 1971.
Elizabeth is also a member of 2 Temple Gardens, Temple, London EC4, the Chambers of Benjamin Browne QC.
Elizabeth has a busy paperwork and court practise and is regularly instructed in a range of clinical negligence matters including:
- Obstetric, Midwifery and Neonatal issues (including premature births, IUGR, CP cases, failed termination and tissue retention)
- Gynaecological issues (including hysterectomy, incontinence, thermal ablation)
- Orthopaedics (including fixation of fractures and joint replacement)
- Gastro / colo-rectal issues (including diverticulitis, Crohn's disease)
- Oncology (delayed diagnosis)
- General practice (including delayed referrals and diagnosis)
- Nursing issues (including diabetic management, drug and oxygen administration and pressure sore management)
- Accident & emergency care (including paramedics / air ambulance and treatment in custody)
Elizabeth is experienced in preparing detailed schedules particularly in respect of care needs and Ogden 6 calculations, and as junior counsel in high value CP trials, General Medical Council proceedings and round-table settlement meetings.
She is a member of AvMA.
Elizabeth regularly appears in coroners' courts and has represented the interests of families at inquests concerned with issues ranging from workplace stress to care homes to infant deaths.
Elizabeth is regularly instructed on behalf of nurses appearing at inquests and before the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Elizabeth is regularly instructed by Claimants and Defendants and has wide ranging experience of many areas including subtle and major brain injuries and psychiatric damage, and the valuation of such injuries.
She is a member of PIBA and is experienced in the following areas:
- Road Traffic Accidents
- Slips and Trips
- Occupiers' Liability
- Employers' Liability
- Secondary Victims
- Fatal Accident claims
- Infant settlements
- Equestrian accidents / Animals Act 1971 - Elizabeth's equestrian experience is invaluable in this area.
Elizabeth has recently extended her practice to include proceedings relating to adult incapacity in the Court of Protection.