Education and Memberships
- Liverpool John Moores University - LLB (Hons)
- Liverpool John Moores University - Postgraduate Diploma in Legal Practice
- Admitted as a Solicitor in 2010, acquiring Higher Rights of Audience in 2015
- Law Society Children Panel member since 2013
- Nottingham Trent University - LLM in Legal Practice
- Member - Association of Lawyers of Children
- Member - Society of Legal Scholars
Ian was admitted as a Solicitor in 2010 and practised in Liverpool in both family and crime, going on to secure membership to the Law Society's Children Panel. In 2014, Ian relocated to Devon, where he worked in a niche, award-winning practice specialising in all aspects of children law, with a particular focus on complex cases in which he represented local authorities, parents, children and other family members.
Ian's experience as a criminal solicitor equips him with many transferrable skills, particularly in those cases which have a criminal element or matters which are contested.
With a keen passion to continue his professional development, Ian has recently completed his Masters of Law degree in Legal Practice and has now progressed onto doctoral research, researching the issue of parental alienation in the family justice system.
Having practised as a Solicitor prior to moving to the Bar, Ian is well aware of the demands placed upon the professional client and strives to provide a service that alleviates some of those pressures.
Ian accepts instructions across the full range of children law matters, both public and private and is able to travel nationally, where required.
Described as a skilful and tenacious advocate who can be trusted to have mastery of case facts and relevant law, Ian is committed to achieving the best outcomes for his clients.