Legal 500 United Kingdom 201517/09/15
Atlantic Chambers has once again underlined its reputation for excellence across a range of disciplines with many of its set named in the 2015 list.
"Atlantic Chambers is a prominent name in the North West and beyond, and 'the high calibre of its counsel' is a particular draw for instructing parties. It is a multidisciplinary set with expertise in crime, road traffic accidents and credit hire cases. It also has a strong chancery and commercial group which undertakes work involving tax, company, partnership, trust, probate, and insolvency law. 'Efficient and friendly' head clerk Lee Cadwallader 'has excellent people skills and runs a very tight ship' .
- Simon Gorton QC He writes fantastically punchy submissions, and has most judges eating out of his hand.
Personal injury and clinical negligence:
- John Benson QC Very user-friendly, clear-thinking and thorough.
Public Law and Regulatory, health and safety and licensing:
- Anne Whyte QC Gives clear advice as to the law.
Commercial, banking and insolvency:
- Charlotte Hughes-Deane Experienced in disputes arising from the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975.
- Graham Sellers Very good both on paper and with difficult legal issues.
- Nicholas Jackson His practice covers partnership disputes, wills and probate, as well as copyright and patent matters.
- Lee Bonner Prosecutes and defends at Crown Court and appellate level, and is on the CPS panel of approved prosecutors.
- David Tinkler Sought after to deal with complex multi-day matters.
Family and children law:
- Andrew Banks Instructed in financial remedy cases involving business and tax issues.
- Christine Johnson Advises local authorities, guardians and parents in children cases.
- Michael Sellars He has particular strength in care cases involving medical issues, and child abduction cases.
Personal Injury and clinical negligence:
- Ivan Woolfenden Particularly known for his experience in occupational disease and employers liability cases.
- Michael Armstrong Handles high-value multi-track matters ranging from road traffic collisions to workplace accidents.
- David Green Experienced in commercial and residential landlord and tenant work, as well as all aspects of real property.